Demand Draft is a commonly used medium for banking transactions and we can make Demand Draft Online in SBI. Especially students who need to submit college fees or corporate companies required transaction in demand draft. Here we will learn how to make an Online Demand Draft (DD) in the State Bank of India.
- Also Read – SBI NEFT Fee
Demand Draft can be made in offline and online mode. The online mode is much preferred as it takes less time and can be made from anywhere using SBI net-banking.
SBI is one of the banks that have the service for online demand drafts. It is a much more secure method than the offline method. Check out the steps given below for DD in SBI
How to Make Demand Draft in SBI Online
- Visit the SBI net-banking website at www.onlinesbi.com
- Now enter your net-banking username and password
- Click on Sign in to login into your SBI account
- Now from your dashboard click on Payments/ Transfer Tab
- Here you will see options for Fund Transfer and Other Payments/ Receipts
- In the Other Payments/ Receipts section click on the “Issue Demand Draft” link
- A box will prompt up asking for a profile password
- Enter your SBI profile password and click on submit
- Now the Online SBI Demand Draft page will open
- Enter the amount of Demand Draft to be made
- Enter the Name in favor of Demand Draft to be made and select purpose
- Enter the Branch code and Branch name in which the demand draft is payable
- Now select the Delivery mode option from Collect in Person or Courier
- You have to go bank if you choose the in-person option else the draft will be sent by post in Courier option at your registered address with Rs.51 postal fees
- Click on the submit button and you will get OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP on the next screen and submit it
- Note down the reference number and print the receipt for your use
- The receipt will be required if you select the in-person option
In this way, you can generate or make demand draft online in SBI Bank. The online method saves time and you can get demand drafts without going to a branch.